Graduate Engineer, Trilogy (Remote) - $60,000/year USD
Crossover for Work
Industry : Engineering
Type : Full Time
Closing Date : 2022/01/07
About the jobCrossover is the world's #1 source of remote full-time jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We're recruiting this role for our client, Trilogy. Have you got what it takes?
We are looking for the world’s brightest new graduates to join our two-year software engineering fellowship program beginning in February 2022. If you want to tackle some of the most pressing problems in our industry and create innovative solutions for our customers, join us. Unlike others, we mean it when we say this job is entry-level: You should graduate in 2021 or 2022 with a computer science degree; no work experience is required.
Trilogy is one of the largest privately held software companies in the world. Rather than waiting to be disrupted, we are constantly, obsessively disrupting ourselves. Every year, we hire and train dozens of new graduates for an important role: solving the most complex, biggest problems so that our products are compelling and valuable. You will work with our executives (CEOs, COOs, and EVPs) and gain more experience in two years in this role than any other entry-level job that limits you to addressing repetitive problems.
You will be laser-focused on performing breakthrough experiments utilizing the full power of cloud services, AI, and ML to tackle high-level business challenges. You will decide what to do and how you do it, from planning through deployment. You will have fun and get great feedback. And upon completion, you will join an elite class of alumni who have launched careers as entrepreneurs, leaders, and influencers.
It won't always be easy, but we promise there will never be a dull moment. Join us to jumpstart your career with the world’s top 1% engineers.
What You Will Be Doing
- Diving into a new business problem every 6-8 weeks, building understanding by interviewing product owners and customers and doing industry research
- Determining the "what" and the "how" to solve your problem -- you're the owner, so this is up to you!
- Conducting weekly experiments -- writing code, reviewing outcomes, debugging, logging your learnings, and planning the next experiment
- Delivering your prototypes and deployments to real customers
- Doing repetitive tasks: We are looking for initiative and an entrepreneurial spirit, and your work will allow you to be a creative problem solver.
- Getting it right all the time: We believe in failing fast and adapting to our learnings; you will need to embrace open feedback and be willing to grow.
- Working solo: You will work as part of a small team (2-3 people) to tackle challenges, so you must have excellent written communication and collaboration skills.
- Invent technical solutions to complicated problems
- Make clear, simple, and technically superior design decisions
- Apply an exceptionally high-quality bar to the core technical design decisions -- data structures, algorithms, architectural patterns, and the leverage of third-party implementations
- Synthesize your decisions and designs into clear, structured written specs
- Hands-on experience in coding in at least one scripting and one OOP language
- Proven problem-solving skills, with the ability to approach problems analytically
- Basic understanding of system design
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences
Hundreds of software businesses run on the Trilogy Business Platform. For three decades, Trilogy has been known for 3 things: Relentlessly seeking top talent, Innovating new technology, and incubating new businesses. Our technological innovation is spearheaded by a passion for simple customer-facing designs. Our incubation of new businesses ranges from entirely new moon-shot ideas to rearchitecting existing projects for today's modern cloud-based stack. Trilogy is a place where you can be surrounded by great people, be proud of doing great work, and grow your career by leaps and bounds.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Working with Crossover
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation level for this role is $30 USD/hour, which equates to $60,000 USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.