Business Development Officer
Business Development Officer
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world’s largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking for individuals and families to business owners, investors, and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans, and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management, and private banking that best suit our customers’ needs.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join our Team in the role of Business Development Officer.
In this role, you will:
- Identify and match customers’ financial needs to the retail banking solutions
- Work with Branch Manager to plan daily, weekly, and monthly sales activities in line with the agreed sales plan and overall sales strategy
- Build relationships with key and top corporates to explore business opportunities and cater to their banking needs
- Update and maintain accurate records of all sales activities in a timely manner
- Achieve the individual sales plan in a consistent manner
- Follow up and follow through on customer’s application within the stipulated timelines in a consistent manner
- Maintain professional and fair conduct in all dealings with customers and other stakeholders at all times
- Meet and uphold the requirements of Sales Quality Standards
- Maintain absolute confidentiality with regard to customer information
- Be self-motivated and ensure that the service standards expected for Premier customers are maintained on a consistent basis
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Build respect through fostering honest two-way communication
- Problem-solving experience/skills
- Be able to work independently and under pressure
- Positive attitude and be customer-focused
- Three years of sales experience in banking/telemarketing sales or a related industry is preferred
- Have a positive 'can do' attitude in all you do
- Previous experience in the front office would be an added advantage
Please show your interest in this role by joining our HSBC Talent Community.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview within three weeks from the closing date of this advert. Interviews will be conducted online.
Apply at www.hsbc.com/careers
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working, and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website
The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited – Sri Lanka is a licensed commercial bank supervised by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka.
Finds jobs anywhere